Monday, October 18, 2010

Election Season is Upon Us

The political season is ramping up, and so I guess it's about that time for me to face my social responsibility as a citizen and actually do some research. Here is an interesting post from the blog "The Big Picture".

"Hey, Big Spender" by The Big Picture

Bottom line, spending during the obama administration hasn't been the worst, but it certainly hasn't been the best. Given that he started in a recession and absolutely had to provide some sort of stimulous, I have to say that he's done an ok job. I'll give him a C.

That being said, I'm a small government, lower taxes kind of guy. We certainly didn't get that from democrats this time around, and the leadership I was hoping for from them was lackluster at best. On the other hand, republicans have not shown a willingness to tackle the big 3 of spending: social security, defense, and medicare/medicaid and they certainly aren't in line with my social views. Until we tackle these big spending issues, I won't be voting for them either. Unfortunately it looks like my only option is to abstain from most of my votes this political season. I haven't researched the candidates yet, so I'm hoping I'll be suprised by one of them stating what needs to be done. Unfortunately in our country, I don't see it happening. People want lower taxes but they don't want to cut any benefits. Sorry people, it doesn't work like that.

4 comments:

JosephWilson said...

Ohhh boy. A c? Read some austrian economics. Mises,org. Obama and all the rest of the central planners get an F.

Jvo said...

Where are you registered?

Robert Grumbles said...

So what grade would you give Bush Sr and Jr, an F-? We're talking about spending...and according to the data I've seen (including the post above), they have spent more than Obama.

I don't know about Austrian economics, but I do know one thing:

Larger Spending + Lower Taxes = Bigger Deficit

Robert Grumbles said...

I'm registered in Oviedo, Fl.